Can I reinstall baseband 06.15 on 3GS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ayasinsk, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ayasinsk macrumors regular

I'm having difficulties with ultrasnow running on iPhone 3GS with 4.3.1 and 06.15 ipad baseband. My iPhone becomes locked after a certain period of time. Is it possible to reinstall my 06.15 baseband somehow?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

I did that. Restored to custom 4.3.1 ipsw, which kept my baseband same at 0.15. About 21 hours after I restored I got an error message saying something like "No Network Found". Basically lost my unlock again. I'm not sure what to do. I can do a restore again and unlock with ultrasnow, but at some point tomorrow I will loose my unlock again. Just tempted to sell this 3gs on ebay as is and pick up unlocked 3gs on craigslist. Unless somebody can help me out with this unlock bs.

Is there a way I can unlock my 3gs without ultrasnow?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only ultrasnow or pay the $180 to try that questionable imei unlock.
    Make sure nothings wrong with your sim also.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

It's impossible to "re-install" a baseband, but you could just restore your firmware over and over until it works. If you're sure your SIM tray/reader aren't faulty, then try toggling Airplane Mode off until the "Carrier" button disappears from the menu and then turn off Airplane Mode.

That may refresh something. I donno, sometimes it works for me!

EDIT: Are you sure your antenna is good too? It may not hurt to crack open the phone (depending on how technically savvy you are) and see if all the wires down by the bottom docking port are connected properly.

6. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

Well I know my sim card is fine because my old 3G iPhone works like a charm with it. It's probably not my sim card reader because if I leave my sim card intacked after having a network failure and reinstall ultrasnow it works again, but sooner or later I loose my unlock again. Really frustrating.

Maybe there is a certain sequence in which I need to uninstall/install ultrasnow?

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you decide to sell it explain what is happening. Otherwise you might have a unhappy customer with either negative feedback or a claim filed against you.. Allot of people won't care they just want a iPhone and think they can fix it. Still allot of questions two about the $170 unlocks if they will remain permeate or not. or if they are legit and Apple might some how fix it. plus if baseband is the culprit even if it was factory unlocked it might not fix it. I think you honestly might be better off to sell as the best option. you could try a Grevey sim also allot cheaper.