Can I rely on my iPhone as alarm clock ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nixoninajar, Mar 11, 2011.

1. nixoninajar macrumors newbie

So I have a trip to the US this Sunday (13.03.11) and unfortunately time changes on that day. I have to get up at 6 AM (it will feel like 5 am :( ) and if i don't get up on time i'll miss my plain etc.

Can I rely on my iPhone to wake me up ? Or should I go and hunt down a real alarm clock ? And will i have to set my alarm on 5 AM or will it automatically change the time ? My location is Vancouver, BC (Pacific Time Zone / GMT -8) if this matters...

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

anymore you never know. set a weekly reminder and a single one just to be sure.

3. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

4. Nghia Nguyen macrumors member

Nghia Nguyen

Works for me. I usually create a set of different time periods and make sure it snoozes. For example in your case: if you have to wake up at 5:00AM, set your alarm at 4:30, 4:35, 4:40, 4:45, etc... until you can't stand it anymore and decide to wake up.

Or if you have a second alarm or device, put it under your bed or somewhere you hands can't reach (for me, I put it in my bathroom) and set the sound at the loudest. You will have to find the alarm to turn it off.

I'm a heavy sleeper, and it usually works for me. I say usually because they both don't work during weekends lol.

5. plumosa macrumors regular

plumosa

Have you ever travelled to a different time zone and had it update itself automatically? If so, the phone will update itself on its on when it hits daylight savings time.

6. nixoninajar thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone actually worked, but my backup clock screwed up.