Can I remote wipe?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Smtevo, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Smtevo macrumors 6502

I am going to sell my iphone on craigslist and it is only version 3.1 and I know everyone wants to jailbreak them. My question is that I would like to completely remote wipe the phone and take out the sim when I sell it. Does this affect people wanting to buy it when trying to jailbreak?

2. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Why would you remote wipe? Just do a delete all contents and settings. Remote Wipe bricks the phone and throws it into recovery mode. Unless you have your SHSH on file with Saurik, you won't be able to keep 3.1 on your device.

3. Smtevo thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright I will erase all settings and content and take out the sim and that will be fine for someone else jailbreaking right?

4. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

Why not download 3.1.3, restore to the newest firmware, and downgrade to the ipsw you downloaded. Then they are all set to JB.

5. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

what i did was made a new itunes acct on another computer and synched it with that one that had no information on it..

synced music, photos, everything.. then i download an app to erase all contacts from cydia.. and that was it.. my phone had no personal information left..

hope this helps

by the way they title of your thread was hilarious..

"Can i remote wipe?" haha i think there is an app for that