Can I resize Windoze Partition?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jrcjer, Sep 8, 2008.

1. jrcjer macrumors newbie

Being a Mac-lover and only using WinXP (no thanks Vista) for Gaming, when I first set up the system w/Boot Camp I could not justify giving WinXP more than 30gb. Now, I have realized that my games take up too much space. I just had to erase CnC:TW to put Orange Box on my system (*sob)

Long story short--can I resize my Win partition w/o erasing either partition/how do I do this?

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I do not believe so.

The easiest way to do this is use WinClone to make a copy of your current Boot Camp partition then delete and re-create it and use Winclone to restore your installation.

3. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Yes you can. I used CampTune successfully a few weeks ago.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Cool. I knew there were programs in the Windows world that did this, but wasn't sure if they existed on the OS X side (or would work in Windows with an OS X partition on the machine).

5. SilentCrs macrumors regular

There are several ways to do it. By the way, 1985 called and it wants its joke back ("Windoze").

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It's actually just a Linux boot CD, so it doesn't specifically require OS X (AFAIK).