iPhone Can I restore cydia apps from a backup from another phone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alec6542, Jun 15, 2012.

1. alec6542 macrumors regular

I have two jailbroken iPhones, my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 4s. The iPhone 4S is recently jailbroken and has no cydia packages installed, the 4 has quite a few cydia packages installed. If I backup my cydia packages on the iPhone 4 using an app such as xBackup, can I then transfer that backup file to the iPhone 4s (using ifile or funbox) and restore the 4s? Or are the cydia backup backup files device specific? If so, is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help,

alec

2. The New iPad macrumors regular

Yes, it is possible with PKGBackup. I have done it with all my iDevice upgrades/replacements. Don't know if you can do it with other backup solutions

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just make sure the backup you use is from same firmware, otherwise you'll end up in a bootloop from incompatible hacks/apps and won't know which hacks are the cause.

4. iVinnys macrumors newbie

Allright, i was looking for this.... Can you tell me how i load my pkg-backup into another iphone... with ifunbox or ifile..but how?

have a two jailbroken devices and pkg backup etc....

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Where are you saving your PkgBackup at ? Dropbox, contacts ?

Simply install PkgBackup on the device, then use settings to direct it to saved backup, hit restore.

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a