iPad Can I restore Cydia icon on 4th gen iPad with 7.0.4 installed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GekiRed, Oct 1, 2014.

1. GekiRed macrumors regular

When iOS 8 came out, I couldn't update my apps in the App Store as it required me to read the Terms and Conditions which I couldn't as I got a blank pop-up screen instead and I was advised by one of the staff at my local Apple Store to reset the device instead to see if that would fix the problem.

Unfortunately, it made the problem worse as I ended up not only losing the icon for Cydia, but also ones for other apps I obtained via Cydia such as iFile and ProTube!

I've since found out that the blank pop-up screen is due to a bug involving a certain tweak and fortunately, I haven't updated my iPad at all in a while (the version it's on is 7.0.4)

Is there anyway I can fix my problem if I unjailbreak my iPad and re-jailbreak it via evasi0n as I miss certain tweaks like Infinifolders as well as being able to download new apps that I want to get such as the new Pokemon TCG and Bead It HD.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

No, you can't. The window to restore to 7.1.2 and jailbreak using pangu is gone

You'll have to wait for the iOS 8 JB which will probably be a few months

In safari, if you type "cydia://" does it open up cydia for you? You aren't supposed to use the setting's reset feature if you're jailbroken; it doesn't work when jailbroken

3. GekiRed thread starter macrumors regular

Cydia opens up in Safari...

As I said, I didn't know that this sort of thing would happen as I thought it was a glitch with the App Store.

So basically I'll have to wait a few months before I can update or buy new apps?

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

From there, reinstall iFile and protube and see if their icons show up again

If you want to be jailbroken, then you'll either have to stay on the firmware you're on right now or wait several months and restoring your device to iOS 8

Your ability to buy apps should not be affected

5. GekiRed thread starter macrumors regular

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps and they still don't show up at all...