Can I restrict which email address get suggested when starting a new email?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by desertman, Apr 24, 2013.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have several hundred contacts in Contacts on my Mac and I am currently syncing these contacts to my iOS devices. These contacts are organized in several groups that I created in Contacts on my Mac.

I need only a part of these contacts on my iPhone and I find it disturbing that I get address suggestions from the whole address pool when I start an email on my iPhone even if I make only one group of contacts visible in Contacts on my iPhone.

Is there a possibility to still syncing my contacts between Mac and iPhone but only getting address suggestions from certain parts of my contacts when starting an email on my iPhone?

Greetings - desertman

2. Parasprite macrumors 68000

Parasprite

Without going out of your way to sync a custom smaller address book? No, unfortunately there is no way to only search part of it.

On another note, I did just notice the arrow on the right when picking an email address, which lets you delete recent contacts that aren't in your address book, which allowed me to at least delete an old one that has been bugging me for months.

Greetings as well - Parasprite