iPad Can I retrieve Youtube app favorites?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by JPA, Oct 5, 2012.

1. JPA macrumors newbie

I realize Youtube is gone in Ios6 and am aware on how to get it through Safari or other apps. What I am wondering about is the videos that I had tagged as favorites on my iPad. Is there anywhere I can find those? I had several that my 2 year old nephew would watch with me but I don't remember what they all were.

Obviously I should have written them all down but I forgot updating was going to get rid of the app.

2. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

I use the Jasmine app to view YouTube videos now. I was able to sign in to my YouTube account and the favorites are all there.

3. JPA thread starter macrumors newbie

favorites that were saved in the old youtube app

I probably wasn't clear. When I used the old iPad youtube app, I don't think I had to create an account or sign in, so the videos I marked as favorites on the ipad wouldn't have gone into a regular youtube account but must have just been stored with ipad info. If I did have to initially log into the youtube app with a youtube account, I don't remember doing it or what I used.

I realize jasmine or safari youtube will show my favorites that I had saved in an account on windows.

4. SONiC5 macrumors regular

Mine were automatically bookmarked into a YouTube folder in Safari, I didn't even realize I started cleaning out my bookmarks.

5. JPA thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Sonic5

Yes, there they are in Bookmarks: YouTube - Jack's iPad
    Exactly what I was looking for. I wonder if they've been there all along or the update just put them there - doesn't really matter.

My 2 year old great-nephew and I thank you much.