Can I return an online purchase to a retail store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Jul 27, 2011.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I want to return my MBA that I purchased through the online Apple store.

I live very close to a retail store and it would be easier to just pop it over to the store to return it if I could.

Are they set up to do returns like this?

2. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

The information is incorrect. You cannot return an online purchase to an Apple store normally. You'd have to get the manager to authorise that for that and have some valid reason why.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Are you looking to return it for a refund, or exchange it because it's defective? If it's defective, any Apple Store will take it back and exchange it. If you want your money back, you might need to send it back. If you want to trade up, my guess is that the manager will approve it.

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

In my experience, no. But give them a call, it could differ from store to store, region to region or country to country!

5. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Also I believe they will have less trouble taking back a stock configuration, if your's is one of the custom built models it may be more difficult.

6. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Thanks for all the help, guys.

For anyone who is interested, I called the store in question and the manager said they have no problem either taking it for either return or exchange as long as I had the receipt and it is within 14 days.

It is a stock, non BTO.

I don't have time to go today, but will tomorrow. If I have a different experience I will post it here. If not, assume all was good :)