Can i return my engraved ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jeann, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Jeann macrumors newbie

I've had it since April, but it's still under the 1 year warranty because i didn't mess with it or anything and i still have everything that came with it. I have a case and screen protector on it so i looks like new amd not damaged. It has the back light bleeding problem that i just noticed, but i ordered it online and got it engraved with my name on it. Can i take it to an Apple store and return it because i don't want it anymore? Thanks for reading and answering!

2. skier777 macrumors 6502

Its outside the 14 day return window so you cant return it for cash or credit. You will be able to have it fixed under warrantee, but it will probably still have the engraving. You could ask that if they give you a new one rather than replacing just the backlight that they not engrave it. Then sell it.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

No, you cannot return it, simply because you are way outside the return window.

4. erawsd macrumors 6502

You've had it since April and you just noticed it? Maybe the bleeding isn't a big deal?

5. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Send it away to be fixed, it's up to you if you want it fixed because of the light bleeding. They may swap it for a new one, if it's faulty. Not 100% sure. Just go in store and ask them about the bleeding, say you're not happy with it.