Can I return my iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by joshm6946, Feb 1, 2009.

1. joshm6946 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I have a question. I'm not sure when the new iMacs are being released nor does it seem like anyone does BUT if they were to release soon (within the next 14 days) (*doubt it though lol*) would I be able to return it for a refund minus the 10% restocking fee and purchase the new ones?

Basically I just bought an 20 inch iMac today because I got tired of waiting but was wondering what I could do if something happens in the next 14 days if new ones are released.

Thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, if it is released within 14 days. The restocking fee is 10%, IIRC.

3. gamer2502 macrumors regular

4. Hayleyn macrumors newbie

Did you return it? how did it go? had you returned it after the updates and registration?

I bought a 24" imac and set it up at the weekend, did the software update and registration, now would like to return it and wait for the new one to come out-is this possible?! its on it 13th day here-if anyone could let me know if its still ok to return under its 14day return policy after registering etc that would be great!

I don't normally return things and feel a bit bad about wanting too-but then again it was delivered over a week late due to a shipment being lost and i missed using it for the project i really needed it for, now I don't really need one until april onwards...

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You can return it, but you'll get charged the 10% restocking fee.

6. rich.smith macrumors member

Your other option is to get a refund of some of your money back. I purchased a 20" iMac 10 days ago. Yesterday, Apple gave me $200 back. Nice.