Can i return my ipod touch 2g without a receipt?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

Well the day i bought my new ipod touch i bought a screen protector with it. Later that night i found out it didnt fit the new touch right so i took it back. I gave the receipt to the woman and she gave me my money back with no problems. I also bought the apple care after i returned the screen protector . When i got home i notice she didn't give me my old receipt back for the touch and it was to late to get it back bc they closed. So will i have a problem returning or exchange it ? Im thinking about exchanging it for a 16gig (32g right now but im trying to save up for the android phone) Has anyone ever returned something at apple without a receipt ?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Can you call the store and have them email you the receipt?

I know you can receive receipts as an email at the time of purchase, perhaps they have it stored and can send it.

3. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

O yea i remember they ask if i wanted it email or if i wanted it now. So it should be in the computer. Thanks

4. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: i just returned my ipod touch 2g without a problem but i lost 40 bucks bc of the restocking fee. Now im off to Costco to buy my 2g touch where i can return it at anytime. I love Costco!!!!! Just hope they let me in this time.

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Good to hear.

My girlfriend loves CostCo. She picked up a dozen boxes of pasta and a gallon of shampoo, all for $8.56 or something like that ;)