Can I return my newly ordered MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hnfmr, Jan 1, 2010.

1. hnfmr macrumors newbie

I ordered a MBP 15" CTO 2 weeks ago, it will arrive next week. But I have changed my mind, can I return it to Apple and get a refund if I don't open it (keep it sealed)?

Thanks. I'm in the UK.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure what the consumer rules are for the UK but in the US you cannot return any CTO orders. Why not call them and ask instead of posting here. We can say yes, no maybe but until you talk with them you'll not know for sure.

3. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

In Sweden you can return anything within 14 days of delivery if you ordered it online. Even if you used it for a week, so check the laws in your country.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Can you just not sign for the package and return to sender?

5. flaneur macrumors member

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm

If "CTO" means made to your specification, then it seems you have no right to cancel.

I'd get in touch with Apple and be straight with them. If you simply don't sign for them, your card will have been charged so you'll have to deal with the situation eventually.

6. flaneur macrumors member

7. Super-Jay macrumors newbie

Out of intrest why do you no longer want the unit?

8. hnfmr thread starter macrumors newbie

THanks for all the replies above.

Well...I had some poor experience with MBP, in December last year I bought 17" uMBP, but there was a dead pixel on screen, got a replacement, then discovered the machine had the high-pitched (albeit not very noisy) electronic noise when adjusting screen brightness, returned it completely.

Then ordered online a this 15" uMBP with anti-glare screen hoping it will not have the same high-pitched noise (which drives me crazy in the evening, in quiet room)......Now I'm hesitating if I should open the box or just return it......could have been able to cancel it earlier but couldn't do it online (only after receiving it).

9. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Any stats teacher will tell you that past experience has nothing to do with future results. The VAST majority of MBP's have 0 problems. Your chances are pretty good. If there's a problem, return it. I think you'll have fewer problems with your return if there's a problem, as opposed to "I just changed my mind." I can't believe you've waited to open it! I'd rip into that box ASAP!!!

10. hnfmr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. That's why I ordered a different model with a different screen, hoping to avoid previous problems. I'll probably just take it.