Can I run it- iMac / Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by NYGMEN, Apr 5, 2008.

1. NYGMEN macrumors newbie

I'm getting a new Mac to make my media hub as well as other things. I still not sure about getting an iMac or mac pro but one of the things I want to do with it is game running Windows in Boot Camp. I know the video card in the iMac is mid range. Can anyone who has an iMac or Mac Pro tell me if they have ever been to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

and tested there system to see how well they can run the new games ( Crysis, Frontlines, COD4) and if you can could you post a screen shot. Just trying to get all the info I can before I buy.

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

you would probably find more helpful info with a search over at barefeats.com, some great bench marks and they often test the same cards with windows games as well for a comparison.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Check out youtube as well. I have seen videos of iMacs playing both Crysis and CoD4.

4. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

The Mac Pro with an 8800GT will demolish a iMac with a HD 2600Pro.

If you're looking at playing Crysis, then you'll want an 8800GT.

5. macgamer182 macrumors newbie

There is a Mac version of COD4, just go to apple.com then mac games and its there to buy. works and looks great

6. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

The Windows version of CoD4 runs faster then the OS X one. IF you want an iMac for gaming then get the top of the line 24" with the Radeon 4850.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

8. Jabbamk1 macrumors member

Jabbamk1

lol, way to bump a year old thread guys.

Anywayz,can someone point me to a list of games that have been released for the mac in the last few years.

9. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus