Can I run Mac os x?

Dasaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am begginer programer and I always wanted to start programming iOS apps. I have 3 computers with windows 7 running on it, but I can't start programming for iOs because I don't have Mac Os. I tried to install mac os on each computer, but it didn't work. I don't want to buy expensive mac computer just for xcode. So my question is: Can I somehow run Mac Os on computers with this hardware? :

1. My main one PC:

Video card: GeForce GTS 450 1GB DDR5
Power supply: 750W
Ram: 4x4= 16 GB
Motherboard: Intel P67
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 3,4GHz

2. Second is my old PC

Video card: GeForce GT 440 / PCI-E 2.0 / 1GB GDDR3 / 128-bit
Power supply: ATX 500W
Ram: 2 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Proccesor: INTEL E6420 CORE2D 2.12Ghz

3. The third is my laptop lenovo v570c

Video card: GeForce 410M
Ram: 4 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Proccesor: Intel Core i3 2.20Ghz

If you will need more details about them, just ask.

Thank you all for help :)

Sorry for my bad english

Dasaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for fast answers :)

There is alot of tutorials and systems such as mac os lion, leopard, snow leopard, it's very confusing :S I don't know how to do it, can you please explain me a bit more how to do it, or link me tutorial?

stchman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
St. Louis, MO
You can run OS X on a non-Apple computer, but it does involve a lot of tinkering with getting JUST the right hardware.

All in all, when you buy just the right hardware and get it all running you will have probably spent ~$1000 and MANY hours.

You can try the #1 configuration, but it may not work.

For some the challenge of getting a stable Hackintosh working is worth the time spent. If you are not one of those kinds of people, go get an Mac mini. The mini is priced pretty reasonably.