Can I Run OSX10.5 And OSX10.6 On Same Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KingNush, Sep 18, 2010.

1. KingNush macrumors newbie

Like Have Two Different Disk ? I Want To Run Certain Programs only able to run on 10.6 on the 10.6 disk , and pro tools with a original mbox on the 10.5 because there is no 10.6 driver for the original mbox . or should i just buy the mbox2 mini

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

While I haven't tried this (no reason to for me), I think you should be able to partition your HDD. Install 10.6 on one partition and 10.5 on the other. Hold down "OPTION" when booting and you'll be given the choice to boot from either partition.

Alternatively you could install 10.5 (or 10.6) onto an external HDD and boot from the external when needed.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Which OS did the MacBook ship with? I ask because it can't run any OS older than the version it shipped with. Other than that, basically what ftaok said should work.

4. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Yeah if your macbook came with snow leopard don't even try do install leopard. I've tried and failed (no audio, no back light controls and really short battery life).
    Other than that you can even have the install dvd in separate partition on your hdd if you reinstall os x a lot. You can even have two snow leopard instalations:D