OS X Can I run The Sims 3 for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Braders88, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Braders88 macrumors newbie

Braders88

Hello MacRumors community,

I was having a clear out of my cupboards the other day and happen to come across an old classic, The Sims 3!
    After reading the box I was surprised to see that it supports Mac!
    I am a little skeptic as to installing it, I am currently running OSX Mavericks with an early 09' built iMac.
    I have read machines running Maverick OS seem to be having some graphical issues...

The specs are as follows;
    2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT120 256MB

Can anyone confirm that I will be able to run this game with settings maxed out?

A final note, I read that the Sims 3 contains Adware or other types of sneaky spying tools from EA, is this true? (Information gathered from a quick Google search). Would it still be safe to install?

Thank you all for your responses!

2. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I'd imagine you will be fine. It runs like a dream on my mid-2011 iMac with roughly the same specs as yours.

3. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Your processor surpasses the requirement, but the rest of the computer seems to be at or around the minimum requirements. You can run it but I wouldn't expect really high graphics or amazing performance. The Sims 3 for Mac is more demanding than its Windows counterpart, and from my experience, it does not perform as well due to something I can't remember off the top of my head.

4. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

I believe it uses open gl 1.4 or 1.2 which doesn't perform well.