Can I safely install/run bootcamp with a wireless jeyboard and mouse with USB dongle?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Capt Crunch, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

I've got a Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard and Logitech MX Revolution mouse. The former is bluetooth but I have a USB dongle I can connect to. The mouse is IR and has it's own USB dongle.

Will I be able to use these without problem? I read that I need a USB keyboard and mouse, but will this suffice?

2. Supaklaw macrumors regular

Both work perfectly, especially after installing setpoint. Logitech sells a "mac" edge keyboard but the PC version works in both Mac and PC, with the exception that there is currently no Mac software for it so it's not customizable.

That said, I bought both and am returning them to Amazon. The keyboard is flawless, the mouse sucks. It's a beautiful design but on all computers for some reason the IR connection gets incredible interference and unless it's within 3' of the transceiver you get lag of 1-3 seconds every 10 seconds. It times out. Trust me it's horribly frustrating and the reason there's hundreds of refurbs on the market right now. Try it for yourself. But the primary answer to your question is yes it "works" in bootcamp.