Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
I just got my iPhone 4S which i bought online. The device is not jailbroken. I want to save the SHSH blobs of the phone. Is jailbreaking the phone a pre-requisite for me to save the SHSH blobs using Redsn0w -> extras -> SHSH Blobs -> Fetch ?
Or i can do the same process without jailbreaking it ?

xchampx13

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
I dont think you have to but dont quote me on that, also atleast for me i had to use tinyumbrella because redsn0w was having a problem with the 4S, also if you leave 5.1.1 after they stop signing it you wont be able to get back to 5.1.1 till after the ios 6 jailbreak comes out.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
I dont think you have to but dont quote me on that, also atleast for me i had to use tinyumbrella because redsn0w was having a problem with the 4S, also if you leave 5.1.1 after they stop signing it you wont be able to get back to 5.1.1 till after the ios 6 jailbreak comes out.

Yes thats the very reason i want to first save SHSH blobs and only then proceed with jailbreak or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.