Can I save SHSH on a 9A405 4s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hibanzai, Jan 30, 2012.

1. hibanzai macrumors member

Can I save my SHSH of my 4S 5.0.1 9A405 using TinyUmbrella? The website seems to say it's for 9A406, not sure if that's including 9A405 or just 9A406.

What other methods are there to save my SHSH. Also since this is my first JB, what else do I need to do to be able to restore safely to the 5.0.1 when it's not signed by Apple anymore?

Thanks!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

1) yes you can save your SHSH for 9A405 with TU

2) those SHSH are useless at the moment for the 4S, once Apple release anything else and stop signing 5.0.1 you WON'T be able to restore ack to that. (currently, that may chance in the future and that is why you should save the SHSH, but as right now they are 100% and completely useless).

3) no, there is nothing more you can do. saving your SHSH and having your phone backup is about all you can do

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can save them using TU.
    Currently even though you can save them they are useless for the 4S and if 5.1 comes out for example you wont be able to restore to older firmware unless they come out with a tool that can use them.
    So be carefull what you do and what you install on your 4S once 5.0.1 is not signed any longer.

Edit.
    Maturola beat me again:D

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

OP, save it anyway! I am sure dev team will come up with a way to utilize it.

5. hibanzai thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for the swift reply. I just found an app on cydia called iSHSHit. Will use that to save my SHSH's. I didnt know SHSH are currently useless on the 4s. I shall be careful what to install next.

;")

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure if that works for the 4S.
    Just use Tinyumbrella like we all mentioned above.
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/