Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zim Bargo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
London
Just signed up to .mac and discovered that one of the features could actually be really useful. At work we have PCs but at home I run a PB 15". Until now if I've need to take documents home that are too large to email I've had to burn them to a disc.

Now, I'm assuming that having made changes at home I can just save this on iDisc and then download this on my PC at work, thus saving a disc. Question can I do this the other way round - save the document from my PC to iDisk and download it at home - if so, how :confused:
Thanks

Zim

Zorkon

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2003
Kamloops BC
Yes, you can.

Zim Bargo said:
Now, I'm assuming that having made changes at home I can just save this on iDisc and then download this on my PC at work, thus saving a disc. Question can I do this the other way round - save the document from my PC to iDisk and download it at home - if so, how :confused:

.mac's iDisk uses a standard protocol called WebDAV, which is supported on the PC. In fact, Apple publishes a little tool that allows you to do exactly what you want.

A quick Google search (you *did* try Google, right? ;) ) turned up the following:

http://macs.about.com/cs/osxvswindows/a/idisk_xp.htm

sandmann41

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2004
Frederick, Md
Zim Bargo said:
Just signed up to .mac and discovered that one of the features could actually be really useful. At work we have PCs but at home I run a PB 15". Until now if I've need to take documents home that are too large to email I've had to burn them to a disc.

Thanks

Zim

As long as you have Win XP you can
http://www.mac.com/1/idiskutility_download.html

Zim Bargo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
London
Thanks for the feedback guys - we are using windows 2000 Professional here - is it possible to do it with that?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.