Can I see my Contacts in separate groups

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ljrkrispes, Aug 16, 2008.

1. ljrkrispes macrumors member

Sorry--I'm sure the answer is simple, but I am a novice....On Outlook, I have my Contacts grouped by categories...business, personal, etc. How do I look at Contacts by cateories on the iPod iTouch? Thanks...Linda

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

If you've got groups in your address book, there's a Groups-button on the top left side of the iPod touch's screen.

3. Josser macrumors newbie

This is not in the manual or on my iTouch. Could you please explain or provide a link, thanks a bunch.

4. seeny macrumors regular

i've had a look and can't see any groups button in the top left?

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I guess your addresses have to be organized in groups before you sync them to the iPod touch. As soon as you do, left to "All Contacts" and below the "iPod" sign on the following screen, a group button will appear.

Attached Files:

6. shawnr72 macrumors newbie

Any one else organize outlook the proper way to get contacts organized by groups? Looking for specific setup in outlook to get groups into itouch.

7. pkagel macrumors regular

No doubt, this is the one thing I miss about my old pda phone. I don't want to scroll through the thousand phone numbers I have on my phone when I can't remember a name but do remember what group they are in.

8. thesharkman macrumors newbie

i've had groups in my address, but no groups button showed up under ipod. are you sure?

shark

9. thesharkman macrumors newbie

i don't see a group button in your picture...

shark