Can I sell my iMac with ML on?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrMister111, Nov 16, 2012.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Eventually... When the new iMac's come out I will sell my 2007 iMac. It came with Leopard on the OS X disks. I bought Snow Leopard on disks, then bought Lion, then Mountain Lion on the MAS.

So can I only now sell my current iMac with Snow Leopard on including the disks?

I won't have a use for my bought MAS Lion and ML as the new iMac will come with ML.

What am I allowed to do?

Also can someone tell me exactly what to do to wipe it completely and safely and install the OS I'm allowed on.

Cheers

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Last time.....

I read and EULA from Apple, you only can sell the computer with the original discs you computer come. I dont know for sure about OSes downloaded and installed in a computer. And maybe this link is helpful:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910

:):apple:

3. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Yes you'll be fine selling your machine with your purchased copy of Moutain Lion. I've sold every Mac I've had along with the latest OS it's capable of running.

If you want to securely erase the disk open up disk utility prior to re installing ML. Format the disk but choose security options and then decide upon how thorough of an erasure you want. Hope this helps!

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

But then what would happen if the buyer wanted to re-install from scratch? how would that work?

I thought that Mountain Lion would be locked to my Apple ID or something?

5. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Ah good point. I didn't think about that. I guess they would have to buy their own copy of Mountain Lion?