Can I Sell my Iphone 4? Or will it null the rebate?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by antonlamont45, Jul 2, 2010.

1. antonlamont45 macrumors newbie

If I buy an Iphone 4 with the ATT rebate ($199, renewed contract), can I immediately sell it, or is there a waiting period; will selling it right away and switching back to my Iphone 3G null the rebate?

Reason I ask--when I was with Sprint, I got a new rebate phone with renewed contract and sold it right away and they said that nulled the rebate--one had to wait like 60 days from purchase of new phone before ownership could be transferred. Just wondering if it's the same deal?

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I think I speak for everyone when I ask... what rebate?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yes, you can

you still will be tied to the contract though

4. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I believe he's referring to the subsidized price of the phone. He's worried that he'll be charged for the full $600/700 once AT&T figures out he sold it.

5. antonlamont45 thread starter macrumors newbie

right i was referring to the subsidized price ('rebate').

6. srs148 macrumors newbie

You can sell as soon as you want. ATT subsidizes the price of the phone to get you locked into the contract. If you opt out of the contract early, a termination fee will apply (I believe its around $325-350 now). Otherwise, you're free to do what you want with the phone, but know that you won't be able to get another at the lowest subsidized price for at least a year and a half (if they offer you early upgrade eligibility), if not two years.