Can I sell my iPhone 4!!!??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lalabee, Oct 26, 2011.

1. lalabee macrumors newbie

I had a 3GS but wanted to upgrade to the iPhone4. I was not elligable for an upgrade so I made the idiotic move to add a ghost line. I can not stand the phone. The reception is terrible and the person opposite of the line can not hear any music being played on my phone.. among other things. I am going to cancel the ghost line, and I don't want to return the phone to AT&T. My question is, can I sell the iPhone4 even though I just bought it? Also, can I use my micro sim on a 3GS if I use a micro sim adapter? will it work properly?

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Canceling the ghost line is going to cost you $325 ETF. If you're within the time frame, just return the i4 and cancel the line for free. It's much cheaper

3. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Ok I will bite- why not return is and avoid the $325 fee they will whack you for. Story makes zero sense.

----------

Ok I will bite- why not return is and avoid the $325 fee they will whack you for. If you created another line , why the hell would you get the 4 and not the 4s Story makes zero sense -

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Maybe he didn't want to spend the extra 100?

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You could, but AT&T will give you a new SIM probably free, at most $10 or so.

6. j4bles macrumors member

AT&T charges $25 for a new SIM. Fact.

7. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

8. lalabee thread starter macrumors newbie

The guy that works at att said the sale was final... there are 3 lines on my contract, i wasn't available for an upgrade and he added the ghost line so i could buy the iphone4 and put it on my line, with out paying retail price.

9. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I've gotten new sims a few times, no charge.

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I'm curious about what you mean by this. It's been a long day, so maybe I'm just not understanding correctly... :confused:

11. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Call ATT and find out what your return options are.....

12. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

I walked into the AT&T store and asked for a micro SIM. The employee handed me one and I walked out of the store and payed for nothing. Fact.

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Same here

14. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

You have 30 days o cancel this line, they have to take the phone back. If they don't contact ATT CS

15. slr001 macrumors member

Perhaps he thinks he can share his itunes songs with friends he is talking to... they can listen and sing along together?

16. gadget123 macrumors 68000

You can't put a micro sim in a 3GS.

Seems strange to downgrade despite getting IOS5 the screen and camera is miles better on the 4.

Second hand value of an Iphone 4 would more than pay half for a sim free Iphone 4S which has a new antenna on it and the reception has proven in many videos to be way better than the old model. Never had any issues with my Iphone 4 here though.

17. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Am I the only one who is sensing this guy just wants to try and scam AT&T out of an iPhone 4? It won't work, they will just cancel service on all your lines if you don't pay the ETF and whatever monthly charges you incur.

18. lalabee thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Why are you guys hating? I'm a noob, I will admit that.. I am also not a MALE. I'm just a damn girl that doesn't know what she got herself into and is trying to find a way out of it by asking nerd goblins questions. I am willing to pay for whatever I need to pay for. I'm not trying to scam anyone. It's just an honest question and concern of mine. Be kind please. You CAN use a micro sim on a 3GS, by using a micro sim ADAPTOR. All I want to know is if it's possible for me to sell the IPhone 4 even though it's new and on my line.. Not on the ghost line..

19. andyx3x macrumors 65816

OK, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Do you understand that you will have a $325 ETF and a month's service charge to pay if you don't return the phone? If you don't pay this, they will probably shut down your service on all your lines.

Just take the phone back within the 30 day return window and all you'll have to pay is service on the time you had the phone.

20. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

To me, it sounds like she just wants some cash upfront for the iPhone, but continue paying the contract. Sort of like a loan - with a pretty high interest rate lol.

Answer is yes, of course you're able to sell it. It's your property.

21. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Here is your first problem. You purchased the iPhone 4 on a new line. It does not matter that you the AT&T rep helped you to switch it to your line. If you cancel the new "ghost" line as you call it, it will require that you pay the $325 Early Termination Fee (EFT) on that line.

Your second problem is that you purhased the iPhone 4 at a closeout price that would be the reason for the "No return". Was the iPhone 4 32 GB since that is not a model that they will continue to carry so they were offering discounts at AT&T and Apple to clear out the inventory.

You don't need to use a Micro-SIM adapter unless you just want to use one. You as a current customer can just take your iPhone 3GS into the AT&T store and tell them that you want to move from your iPhone 4 back to your iPhone 3GS. They can setup a new Mini-SIM on your iPhone 3GS for no charges.

You still have to decide what you are going to do with the "ghost" line and the $325 ETF that you will owe AT&T unless you return the iPhone 4 within 30 days and drop to contract on that "ghost" line in addition to any service on that line.

Dave

22. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

You cannot have a nonreturnable phone since there is a contract obligation. As a right to consumers, you have 30 days to return the phone and cancel the extra line.

Now if they purchased at full retail price, the store can have it as an "as is" item.

23. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You certainly can sell it if you want. If you cancel the ghost line you will need to pay the ETF ($325), or you could drop data from it and just pay the $9.99/mo for 2 years.

HOWEVER - you should be able to return the phone and cancel the line, regardless of what the AT&T store clerk told you. From AT&T's return policy:

This says you are not entitled to exchange it, but you may still return it.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp