can I send files via email directly to iDisk

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by fjs08, Dec 18, 2009.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

I've started using my emails instead of a flash drive to store files.
    Is there a way to send a file directly to iDisk from an email.
    At the office, I use Windows/Vista so I don't have direct access to my iDisk since my Mac is at home.
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Do you not have access to your iDisk at me.com? Just use your browser to login then go to your iDisk where you can upload and download your files.

I just remembered this: MobileMe Control Panel is required to set up and manage MobileMe syncing and manage iDisk settings on a Windows PC. You can also download the New MobileMe Control Panel for Windows Here:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/MobileMe_Control_Panel_for_Windows

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Do you not have access to your iDisk at me.com<<

I do have access, but currently I use Gmail and have a contact group set up so that quickly, I can attach a file to my storage emails. I didn't know if my iDisk has basically an "email address" so that I can add that address to my contact group. That way, I can have my storage file go rapidly to my storage. If I can do that rapidly to iDisk then I can have access to those files from my iPhone when I'm away from my Mac or office PC.
    What I do now is just access any saved file through the day, d/l it to my OSX desktop and drag it to iDisk. Not tough, but I'd rather store it directly.
    Thanks.
    Frank

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I do not believe that you can email to your idisk. Of course, you can email to your mobile me email account... but is seems like a difficult way to store data.

Regarding access from your iPhone... you can access your iDisk files directly with the iPhone app.

/Jim