can I set minutes for passcode on AW3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by coolbreeze2, Oct 3, 2017.

1. coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

I have been going through AW3 LTE and the iPhone app trying to find where I can set the amount of idle minutes that must pass before the watch locks and require the pass code. I can't find it and my watch immediately locks while I'm still using it! It's frustrating to keep entering the passcode just to complete an action. Please tell me where if you know. Thanks!

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

The watch will lock when it detects that its been removed from your wrist. Are you wearing the watch really loose? The other option is to go into the watch app and disable wrist detection, but you won't be able to use apple pay with that disabled.

3. coolbreeze2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

Oh I guess you are right. It is a little loose. I don't like it extremely tight. I'll tighten it a little and see if that helps.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

The Apple Pay restriction is only on a First Generation Watch and using Apple Pay.

In addition, if you have wrist detection turned off, you can manually lock Apple Watch. Swipe up from the bottom of the watch face to open Control Center, then tap Lock. You need to enter your passcode the next time you try to use Apple Watch.

Dave

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Apple removed the manual lock button in watchOS 3.

6. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Nope it is there in the Control Center. You might want tell Apple, they included it in Control Center. Your confusion might be in explained in the following note.

Note: If you didn't set a passcode (or if you set a passcode and turned on Wrist Detection), you won't see this setting.

Dave

7. Mlrollin91, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017

Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I literally did what you said before making my first post. I turned off wrist detection, the lock option is not there.

What’s with the attitude? “You might want to tell Apple”. That’s completely unnecessary and just rude.

I tested it on two S0 watches. Neither have the lock back in the control center. I rebooted them as well.

Edit: I convinced a friend to let me do it on their S2 watch, it does gain the lock button. So, clearly S0 doesn't.