Can I shoot iPhone video and edit on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by knownot, Mar 12, 2011.

1. knownot macrumors newbie

I would like to shoot video with my iPhone and edit it with my iPad using iMovie. Is there an easy way to transfer my footage from my phone to my iPad? I would like something I could easily do on the go. Or is my only option to upload it it? I have the new USB/SD card camera connecting if that helps.

2. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I think the nature of iOS prevents you from transferring files directly between devices. So your only choice is uploading the files to a server and downloading it onto your iPad. You can do this thur email, the MobileMe gallery, or a file sharing app like Dropbox. I find it odd that you can't upload to your iDisk from an iOS device.

It's really unfortunate that you need to access the Internet to transfer photos or video between your iPhone and iPad. (If your home you can obviously sync the files with iTunes, but I assumed you ment while you're out.)

3. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Do you know this for sure, or are you just guessing?

From Apple:
    The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.

To the OP, I was wondering the same thing. I plan on getting the camera connection kit today to try this out.

4. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Sorry, I was under the impresion that the camera connector kit did not work with the iPhone, but I'd trust your reference. Thanks for clearing that up.

5. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

No worries, I was under the same impression, but did the research and am happy it works. I just transferred some photos and videos from my iPhone to iPad with camera connection kit. Yay!

6. todd03blown macrumors member

Good information! I am going to swing buy the store and pick one of these up!

7. fraggot macrumors 6502

You can upload to your iDisk via iPhone and iPad, I used to do it with my iPhone all the time.