Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
I often find that Siri speaks too fast (at least for me). Is there a way to slow her speaking rate (without using Voice Over)?

Last edited:

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
Alas, no joy...

Alas, after 300+ views, it seems my requirement will remain unsatisfied, at least for now...

Still, many thanks to all who took the time to try to help. I appreciate it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps there isn't a way to do it? On a complete throw in the dark, so to say, I wonder what would happen if you ask Siri to speak slower.

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
My apologies for not providing this detail previously-

Normally, Siri speaks at a comfortable rate. It is only when she reads email that I wish she would be a tad slower.

Ergo, maybe my issue is with Mail rather than Siri per-se. Or, is that too far afield?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I thought id try this just for the laugh.

Siri told me all the languages she could speak. Unfortunately slower wasn't one of them.
Hah. Perhaps it's in the phrasing, maybe something like "Siri, could you speak at a slower rate" or something else of that sort might work better? But, again, I'm leaning against that actually working, which is somewhat unfortunate since the speed should be something that we can control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.