Can i somehow uninstall the SL upgrade???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Europe calling, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Hi,

I'm so fed up with all the bugs in SL i encounter, i want to go back to 10.5.8, when everything just worked. However, SL messed up the connection with my TM backup disk (cannot access sparsebundle, error 109) where my 10.5.8 OS resides. :mad:
    So now the only way possible seems to install with my original 10.5 disk.
    Can i downgrade by doing an archive and install of an older system (leopard) over a newer system (SL) If it can be avoided i don't want to reinstall all my apps as well??? For example what will happen with all my emails?

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I think that any attempt to "restore" Leopard will create only problems. If you really want Leopard back you should make a clean install of it and backup only your private data (photos, music ...).

As far as your email are concerned, it depends on which email server you use. If it's a imap server, you should have all your emails stored on the server.

Btw, what exactly is the problem with your TM disk ? You should have access to the backups if you simply open the disk in Finder.

Tex

3. Europe calling thread starter macrumors regular

Europe calling

The TM backups made with my previous OS version (10.5.8) cannot be accessed by SL. I get connection errors every time (see pic) whilst the disk is normally accessible via the finder. So i cannot go back to my previous system with a restore :(

Attached Files: