Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
I'm just wondering if there's still a way to get the iPhone earbuds that were out before EarPods from an authorized apple retailer. The older earbuds were perfect for my ears, but I can't seem to find them anywhere! Either that or does anybody know of another brand earbuds that are very similar to the older Apple
earbuds? Thanks.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I understand that comfort and fit are important, but there are so many other options out there that sound better.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I'm just wondering if there's still a way to get the iPhone earbuds that were out before EarPods from an authorized apple retailer. The older earbuds were perfect for my ears, but I can't seem to find them anywhere! Either that or does anybody know of another brand earbuds that are very similar to the older Apple
earbuds? Thanks.

I still have my 4S earbuds from my 4S, never used, still coiled perfectly. Why don't you like the new ones? The new ones have that auto control thingy.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I still have my 4S earbuds from my 4S, never used, still coiled perfectly. Why don't you like the new ones? The new ones have that auto control thingy.

What auto control thing are you talking about?

Other than the actual design of the earbuds themselves and the upgraded drivers, I don't think they function any differently.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
What auto control thing are you talking about?

Other than the actual design of the earbuds themselves and the upgraded drivers, I don't think they function any differently.

I'm not sure of the technical name. But doesn't the new earphones on the 5S have it where you can answer an incoming call when listening to music; have a built-in mic, and volume control? Or am I mistaken?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I'm not sure of the technical name. But doesn't the new earphones on the 5S have it where you can answer an incoming call when listening to music; have a built-in mic, and volume control? Or am I mistaken?

Ahh...all of the iPhone headphones since the 3G have had the microphone and 3 buttons. The original iPhone had a mic and a single button for play/pause and answer/end call.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Sony has some decent earbuds with the inline mic+3 buttons. More comfortable and much better sounding than either of the OEM Apple earbuds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.