Can I still acquire the older iPhone earbuds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I'm just wondering if there's still a way to get the iPhone earbuds that were out before EarPods from an authorized apple retailer. The older earbuds were perfect for my ears, but I can't seem to find them anywhere! Either that or does anybody know of another brand earbuds that are very similar to the older Apple
    earbuds? Thanks.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I understand that comfort and fit are important, but there are so many other options out there that sound better.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I still have my 4S earbuds from my 4S, never used, still coiled perfectly. Why don't you like the new ones? The new ones have that auto control thingy.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

What auto control thing are you talking about?

Other than the actual design of the earbuds themselves and the upgraded drivers, I don't think they function any differently.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm not sure of the technical name. But doesn't the new earphones on the 5S have it where you can answer an incoming call when listening to music; have a built-in mic, and volume control? Or am I mistaken?

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Ahh...all of the iPhone headphones since the 3G have had the microphone and 3 buttons. The original iPhone had a mic and a single button for play/pause and answer/end call.

7. Altis macrumors 68000

Sony has some decent earbuds with the inline mic+3 buttons. More comfortable and much better sounding than either of the OEM Apple earbuds.