iPad Can I still backup 5.1.1 from my current device ios

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phillwilson, Nov 23, 2012.

1. phillwilson macrumors newbie

I have looked at pages and pages pertaining to many situations,but I can't find one that fits mine.

I have just bought an Ipad 2 running 5.1.1

I will be jailbreaking this using absinthe

What I need to know is, once I have a Jailbroken 5.1.1 on my ipad2, can I then somehow back up this state so that if my ipad crashes or something I can restore it back to this state?

I have no intention of moving to different versions (unless apple somehow force me onto a higher OS)..but if they did, is there a way once i have saved my 5.1.1 state, that i can get back there?

I know about the existence of tiny umbrella, shshs blobs etc, but I dont know if i can safely save my current 5.1.1 or if its already too late even though it is my current IOS?

Whilst I am here, any further advice on how to make sure I don't accidentally update/auto update...i just need a jailbroken pad on 5.1.1 for the foreseeable as i am only running music apps on it.

thanks for your time

Phill

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its too late to save your 5.1.1 shsh blobs now if you didnt before.
    Only thing you can save now is the 6.0.1 blobs.
    If you ever need to restore the ipad you can never go back to 5.1.1
    Your itunes backup has nothing to do with firmware versions or shsh blobs.
    The itunes backup just saves your profile, settings and other items on your ipad but not the OS.

3. phillwilson thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for taking the time to reply, this helps me to understand things a lot.

cheers.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome bro.
    Start saving your shsh blobs right away and hopefully if we see a new JB soon for 6.0.1 or 6.1 you will then be ready with shsh blobs saved for future releases.
    Too late now for 5.1.1 blobs but down the road you will be ok.

5. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

You might still be able to get the blobs from cydia using tinyumbrella, after which you can restore to 5.1.1. As for actually backing it up, just back it up with itunes to your computer, and backup all your jailbreak stuff using OpenBackup (I find this to be the best and by far the simplest)