Can I still downgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jaymas079, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Jaymas079 macrumors newbie

Hi. I have the iPhone 4s and iOS 8.0.2. My brother installed it last week on Thursday. iOS 8 has made my phone slow and glitchy. My phone calls cut out, my phone turns off randomly, I can't text anyone and my apps disappear randomly. I only have 3 apps now because I had to delete the rest because they would close randomly. I know that all the news sites are saying that apple has stopped signing iOS 7 but I need some way to downgrade. Is there a program or jailbreak to help? I am really tech savvy so I can figure it out. Please help!

2. coolaaron88 macrumors member

coolaaron88

3. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

I think 8.0 is still being signed but that's as low as you can go.

4. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

If an update had made my phone as demonstrably unstable as that, I'd take it to an Apple Store to get it looked at. Have you got one near you?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure what the Apple Genius can do for a buggy update - other then downgrading to 8.0 (if that is still an option), there's not much the OP can do.

6. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

Connect to iTunes and restore from there. Wipe it and reinstall the OS clean. That's the only solution.

7. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

If you could demonstrate the issue, they'd have to do something. I showed them my 4S had suddenly lost battery performance, about 3 months out of warranty. They gave me a refurbished unit there and then.