Can I still get Music etc from two Macs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cxny, Jun 12, 2009.

1. cxny macrumors 6502

Been happily using iPod touch on my work and home macs, syncing podcasts at home and adding mp3s from both computers.

Now with a new iPhone it says I can sync from two comps and erases everything from before.

What am I doing wrong? I have set it to manually manage songs on both machines and unchecked the Automatic option under "summary". Thanks for any tips....

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I'm not sure if you can do this without jailbreaking your phone. If your phone is jailbroken you should take a look at swaptunes. With swaptunes you will be able to change iPhone music libraries.

3. MikeyLive macrumors newbie

There is a way to do it. It has to do with copying the iTunes Library ID on to the second computer. I did it a long time ago, but forgot how.

Here is a link to a site that looks like it explains it pretty well. I can assure you this works! Link

4. MikeyLive macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking isn't required if you copy the Library ID to the second computer. It sure is fun though :)

5. cxny thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow - I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Thanks for the tips guys; I can't understand why this is so tricky. I could add music to my iPod touch from multiple machines without getting the "erase all music" warning. Am I right in thinking the iPhone is set up differently for syncing with multiple machines?

6. MikeyLive macrumors newbie

Correct

7. ajkst1 macrumors member

+10 for you sir. Best. Tip. Ever. Anyone know of a way to use the iPhone as a hard drive without jailbreaking?