can i still jailbreak on 4.3.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMaconApple, Apr 17, 2011.

1. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

ok i have a iphone 4 (GSM) im jailbroken on 4.2.1 still pending TSS on cydia. saved my SHSH on tiny umbrella nothing showed up on it yet been like a week already since i got my new iphone 4 replacement that came with 4.2.1.

1.is apple still signing 4.3.1?

2.im i still ok to go from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 jailbreak?

3.do i restore factory 4.3.1 first then jailbreak using pwn tool?

4.or its ok to make the custom ipsw for 4.3.1 then just restore from that ipsw FW?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, they're not signing 4.3.1 just 4.3.2
    You can stay and jb now on 4.2.1 or update to 4.3.2 and wait for a new untethered jb.
    You cannot go to 4.3.1

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

Unless there is something in 4.3 that you just absolutely can not live without, stick with 4.2.1. 4.3 will bring you horrible lag, stuttery animations, and other problems. I tried it for about 2 days and then said F this and went back to 4.0. Its amazing how much better 4.0 is.

4. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

:apple:has stopped signing iOS 4.3.1 altogether. Sorry but the jailbreak and the update are both impossible.
    Even if you have the IPSW modded, iTunes will always require an SHSH. Since you couldn't save an iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blob, you cannot update, and therefore you cannot jailbreak iOS 4.3.1.
    The only way you can update AND jailbreak is waiting for i0n1c to release his iOS 4.3.2 exploit.

You are horribly funny, sir. iOS 4.3.1 has sped up my iPhone so much. I think iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaks lagged me up really bad. Limera1n and Greenpois0n were so laggy it was ridiculous. The mighty iPhone 4 lags!

5. iMaconApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

ah thanks...so i cant restore then..:( my phone is acting up on the springboard it laggs and freezes on the page like half way to the next..i installed folder enhancer i bought this legit was working fine but today just seems to freeze up.i tried reintsalling it re moved it but still..rebooted still after a while it will act up like that and some apps crash or take long to open up..i dont have lots of tweaks just lockinfo/winterboard/SBsettings..ect

so i guess im stuck for now..what could be causing this? anyone had this issues ?

6. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Update whatever is on Cydia.
    If you jailbroke with Redsn0w, then kill all background apps.
    If you jailbroke with Limera1n, that's why. Also kill all background apps.
    If you jailbroke with Greenpois0n, that's why.
    You are on iOS 4.2.1, that's why. iOS 4.3.1 is VERY stable.

7. iMaconApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

ah i lime it..yeah everything is updated on cydia..i removed/reinstalled some stuff from cyida now it seems to run smoot like it was before ill test more and see if i get freezing/lag again..

thanks for the clearing up:apple::cool: eveyone:apple::)

off to bestbuy for my 4th case hehe

8. AnionicStrength macrumors member

Posters in this thread are incorrect. Apple is still signing 4.3.1.

1. Download the newest version of TinyUmbrella
    2. Plug in your phone
    3. Click your phone's icon in the list on the left side
    4. Click Advanced on on the phone's settings
    5. Uncheck "Request SHSH from Cydia"
    6. Restart TinyUmbrella
    7. Click "Get SHSH"
    Act quickly because they are likely to stop signing at any time.

9. GonzagaDynasty macrumors regular

Maybe for you, but I was JB on 4.0 with Limera1n and it worked flawless.

I'm now with redsn0w on 4.3.1 and it sucks terribly.

10. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I agree. I was at 4.1 before upgrading to 4.3.1 and the difference is noticeable. Even though I like the hotspot feature and some apps wouldn't work with 4.1 I'm contemplating a downgrade.

My battery is getting used up faster when talking on the phone. From full charge, with my typical usage, I would have a battery in the low 90% range at the end of the day. Now it's closer to low-mid 80's with the same usage. Yes, I'm a light user. :)

Animations are sometimes jittery where on 4.1 that would be rare for me to see. Also, since upgrading I've been down 50-60 MB of RAM with everything closed using Remove Background. I'm using the same tweaks and theme as before. It's nice to have more current firmware but the positives don't seem to be outweighing the negatives for me. If I knew it would be like this I wouldn't have upgraded from 4.1 but now I don't feel like setting my phone as new.

11. iMaconApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

ahhh i got the newest tinyumbrella and did what you said..now i have saved SHSHs for iphone: iPhone 4.3.1 (8G4)

12. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I meant iOS 4.2.1.
    Of course the original is stable. They had a whole year to prepare it. But it lacks so many features.
    May I mention obsolete hardware makes everything slow?

13. onesweetearl macrumors member

This worked for me earlier today as well. I didn't know if Cydia had saved or not yet since my device was still pending, and didn't want to wait another day. Glad I did, managed to get the blobs saved. Definitely worth a shot as I'm sure they'll stop signing any second now

14. bizzaregood macrumors regular

no?

I think they have stopped signing... Tried with TU, and it say i only have three from cydia... I dont know why it stopped collecting mine.. Im kinda mad about that...... And I couldnt get apple to sign this today..

15. AnionicStrength macrumors member

Apple, as of the time of this post, is still signing 4.3.1.

• Ensure that you have not modified your hosts file to redirect requests to Apple's servers to your own computer.
    • Ensure you have restarted TinyUmbrella after changing any settings.

Get the SHSHes while they're hot!

16. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I just did a shift + restore to 4.3.1 2 days ago on a iPhone 4 coming from 4.0. no TinyUmbrella was used

17. gouda272 macrumors regular

I just did the same to an original iPad late yesterday. No problems going to 4.3.1

18. sbddude macrumors 6502a

worked for me too today. 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 on ipad 1, using itunes, no tinyumbrella.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

According to Sema Apple is still releasing 4.3.1 so everyone better hurry.

"OK so it looks like Cydia is giving up the ghost and having some major issues. I've re-uploaded 4.30.05 for those of you that want to save 4.3.1 via APPLE. Hurry up and do so before 4.3.1 is no longer signed."

To save your SHSH via APPLE instead of CYDIA (the default) go into Advanced options and UNCHECK the box that clearly says: "Request SHSH From Cydia" then click 'Apply Changes' then select your device then click 'Save SHSH'
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

20. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Note that you must use the older TU to do this (4.30.05).

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good point.
    I just used the latest 4.32.01 to grab the 4.3.2 blobs since I already had 4.3.1

22. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

I just saved 4.3.1 blobs for my family's iPhones. I didn't even have the phones on me but had synced them previously with TinyUmbrella on my computer so I just loaded up TU and was able to save the blobs for both 4.3.1 and 4.3.2.

Thanks for the tip!

23. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When did 4.32.01 come out? I was at the TU site a couple of days ago and didn't see anything. :confused:

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think he put it up today.

25. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Whew! I was worried I somehow missed it.
    I'll have my 4.3.2 blobs d/l to my computer tonight!