iPad Can I still use the camera connection kit with a flash drive?

3dflyboy1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
California, USA
I currently have an iPad 3, is this still possible to do? I'd personally like to transfer music, videos, and photos via USB or SD card. I've never done it before, but I remember it was possible with previous generations.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I think the people here are waiting for you to try it out and report back to us.

I note that the iPad Camera Connection Kit seems to show compatibility with the 3rd generation iPad:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit?fnode=3a

But hey, that's just me looking at the Apple website, thinking that they might actually know something about the products they design and sell.

Maybe no one here knows...

Anyhow, good luck.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I see 699 reviews on Apple site I'm thinking one of those will say something there, Also this is the IOS hack section more about jailbreaking this is a accessory not a hack. ;) iPhone accessory's is where this should be posted.

3dflyboy1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
California, USA
I think the people here are waiting for you to try it out and report back to us.
I will when I acquire a camera connection kit! :)

Also this is the IOS hack section more about jailbreaking this is a accessory not a hack. ;) iPhone accessory's is where this should be posted.
hmmm... I guess I'll google around some more then. I remember when I saw something like this a while ago it required a cydia tweak to use the adapter with a flash drive to transfer more than just photos and videos into iFile or something. Not really sure.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
No, you cannot.
Even if someone releases a hack you would need to be jb.