Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
i've decided to organize the photos in my iPhone so i made some albums in iPhoto, dropped the pics to the respective albums, deleted the originals from the iPhone and synced the albums back to the iPhone via iTunes...

the thing is iTunes "optimized" those photos, which means that in the process of organizing my photos i just got crappier versions of them on my phone, no?

is there a way to prevent iTunes from doing that or am i stuck with either a folder full of loads and loads of photos or albums with crappier versions and the originals in iPhoto?

thanks

Badfoot

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
London, UK
What about if you used the app 'Fileaid' to locate and view photo's that you can drag-and-drop onto the iPhone using it's sister programme 'Diskaid'.
That way the photo's have not gone through iTunes so shouldn't have been 'optimised'.

Its not just photos, you can use the apps to drag and drop anything to the iPhone, effectively almost like a usb key (except that any computer would need to have Diskaid installed to read/write to the iPhone)

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
i forgot to say the iPhone is not and is not going to be jailbroken any time soon :)
also, i'm not a real fan of clutter, so two extra apps for this is definitely out of the question for me :)
thanks though, good to know about these apps !

Badfoot

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
London, UK
The 'Fileaid' free app is from the app store and is not for jailbroken phones. This is the only app that goes on the phone. Fileaid refers to its sister programme 'Diskaid' which installs on your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.