Can I stop stickers from switching on?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by AbeFrohman, Sep 25, 2017.

1. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I'm not a stickers guy in iMessage. There are some apps I have that also have stickers, but I don't want them and don't want them showing up on the list on the bottom. I know I can toggle them off individually, but here's where I get stuck - Every time an app that has stickers updates, it automatically toggles that sticker pack back on in iMessage.

I know - first world problems, but I don't want to have to update apps, then go to Messages and toggle off unwanted stickers every time I update apps.

Am I missing a setting? I know I can tap hide all stickers, but I do use the digital touch and image ones - but I don't want or need the others. I can't see myself sending a Crossy Road sticker, for example, but there it is.

2. macsplusmacs macrumors 6502

Me too.

Anyone know how in iOS 11 how to stop new stickers and message packs from being used? i have my set and whenever i get some app updated it throws it in there too.

3. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

You can just hide the app drawer at the bottom and it shouldn't show up anymore.

4. macsplusmacs macrumors 6502

I do like my small set of stickers. Though. I don’t want to hide them.

5. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

But then how do you annoy your wife with animated talking poo, if the app drawer is hidden. I may not want crappy app stickers, and having to constantly turn them off every time an app updates is really inconvenient.