Can I Stream Audio? Look In For Description! Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by iYellow, Feb 23, 2009.

1. iYellow macrumors member

iYellow

I am just wondering what I would need to stream music/DJ'ing. I would have a licence to stream the music (it's a radio station) and I would like to stream my voice with it aswell. What I mean by streaming, is that i would play it out live over the internet, and people could hear what I say as I say it. (If not slightly delayed)

So all I am asking is a piece of software (free, but if not cheap) that I can use to stream out my voice, and play music out too. This is for a mac by the way :)

Thanks in advance :D

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Apples QuickTime Broadcaster perhaps (free). But I think the best app for this is Rogue Amoebas "NiceCast" Not free, but it does an excellent job and is worth paying for (It doesn't cost so much)
    http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

However, with either app, you are a bit restricted on how many people you can stream to because of restricted upload of most home internet connections. Its entirely dependent on how good your connection is. But even with really good upload, you may not manage more than say, 10 people. Unless of course you shell out the extra for a proper distribution server. If you want to go that route, then i believe the Rogue Amoeba site has further info on that too.

3. iYellow thread starter macrumors member

iYellow

Thank you so much. Only $40! I am really surprised I didn't see that! You have helped me alot, and the website I will be DJ'ing on has already got a licence. Thanks a lot :)