Can I swap iPhones with another plan member?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bill P., Jun 13, 2009.

1. Bill P. macrumors regular

I have the "early upgrade" option on my iPhone and will use it this month on a new 3Gs. My office manager is eligible for a new phone in March of next year. I would like to get the newest iPhone available at that time under her contract and trade with her (she gets the original 3Gs and I get the new one).

Does swapping sim cards make this possible?

Thanks!

Bill

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

It seems unlikely that there will be a new iphone iteration between now and March, but nothing prevents you from simply swapping phones. Swapping lines and phones and plans to circumvent upgrade fees isn't feasible, but if you both wait until the appropriate times for your upgrades, I see no reason why you couldn't just switch phones in march (3gs for 3gs).

3. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

As said above me, there most likely won't be a new 3GS by March. If she doesn't have an iPhone and you don't sell yours, then you can just give her your old phone and she can put her SIM card into it and everyone is happy!