Can I switch an iPhoto "face" to an address book "face"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spaceballl, May 20, 2009.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi all,

I did most of my facial tagging in iPhoto before the update came out that allowed for integration with address book - can I just change it? I tried, but it didn't seem to auto detect the address book contact - can anyone shed some light?

2. digitaldave macrumors regular

digitaldave

It should work OK, I did just that a couple of days ago. The way I did it was to go to the main faces page, clicked on a name, deleted the old entry, and started typing the name again, and the address book entry appeared in the list. Hope that helps :).

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

You're right - very simple. Well, let me outline what does not work - since i tried yesterday :D. If you hover your mouse over one of the faces in the main faces page, the little (I) info button will appear. If you click that, you can edit more details. If you try to change the name there, the address book entry won't appear. Thanks so much for the info!

4. digitaldave macrumors regular

digitaldave

That's odd, I would expect (as did you :)) that doing it the way you described would work as well. Might be worth submitting a bug report or feature request.

5. lpb2h macrumors newbie

how to merge iPhoto contacts

Here's the solution to your problem:
    1. Identify a photo with the new contact name e.g., foo@nowhere.com, you want to use (e.g., based on an address book entry).
    2. Go to the main faces page and select the face of the previous name you used (e.g., foo)
    3. drag and drop the previous name/face, in this case foo, to the new name/face, in this case foo@nowhere.com