Can I switch my 3G with my boss's 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bgpanders, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bgpanders macrumors newbie

I have a 16GB 3G iPhone and must wait until 12/31/09 to be eligible for subsidized 3GS pricing. My boss (not an AT&T customer as far as I know, and definitely does not have an iPhone) wants to get an iPhone next week. If he purchases a new 3GS can I give him my 3G, and just swap out the SIM cards so I don't have to wait until 12/31/09?

Any problems with this scenario?

Thanks-
    Brian

2. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

The only problem with this scenario that I see is that I don't understand why your Boss would pay $benjamin franklin for a new phone only to immediately trade it for a used inferior phone.

3. bgpanders thread starter macrumors newbie

He is mostly retired and doesn't really need a "new" iPhone. If He's willing to do it, there shouldn't be any problems with it should there?

4. Lenxal macrumors regular

Thats fair but your just thinking about yourself and not your boss.
    Even if he is okay about it.

5. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

A fair trade would be his 3GS for your 3G + cash

6. bgpanders thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it WAS his idea. I wasn't asking for opinions on whether it was morally right or wrong. Besides, it's not like the 3G is such an incredibly inferior product which is rendered useless once the 3GS comes out.

7. bgpanders thread starter macrumors newbie

I should mention he will be paying for mine either way (he bought my current 3G), so if he gives me his 3GS now, he only has to buy one phone. Otherwise, I just end up costing the company another phone in December

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

hahahaa, when I first read the first post I thought you were planning on swapping it out without him knowing. That would be classic

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

and sadly enough he may not notice
    they are identical

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Sounds like that episode of Seinfeld when George trades his women's glasses with a blind guy..... and then his new glasses pinched his nose and were worse than the women's glasses!