Can I switch my iPod Touch from Windows to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Captain Brooks, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Captain Brooks macrumors newbie

When I got my iPod Touch, I was forced to sync it to an old Gateway computer running XP, since all of the music I needed to put on was on there. Now, the computer is breaking down and has very little space left (I had to transfer all the videos to the MacBook and delete them just to have 4 GB left). I really need to switch it to my MacBook. Is it possible to switch my iPod to a Mac operating system when it was originally used with a Windows computer? It syncs manually instead of automatically, so does that mean I won't be losing any content?

2. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

As far as I know you can switch between two windows computers without having any issues (as I have done several times). So I do not think there should be issues with switching from win to mac.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

You should have no problems just be sure that iTunes is logged into the same account that you used on your old PC and that your new Mac is authorized for that account. Menu bar>Store>Authorize this computer.

4. Code.Red macrumors regular

Code.Red

If you're talking about the regular iPods where it matters if they are formatted for Windows or for Mac, the iPod touch doesn't have the same problem. You should be fine, especially since you are syncing manually.