Can I switch SIM's without any damage?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duramaxman1, Dec 7, 2010.

1. duramaxman1 macrumors member

I JB/UN a 3G for a friend using redsn0w, I need to know if I take the SIM out of my iPhone 4 which is JB BUT not unlocked and put in the 3G. Will it change anything on my SIM when I put it back in my phone? My iPhone4 is running 4.1, the 3G is 4.2. 6.15

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well... technically, there is not issue, however mechanically it won't work unless you got an adapter. iP4 use MIcroSIM while the 3G use a regular size SIM.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also If you use the phone 3G with your iP4 SIM, AT&T will notice that you are using another phone, but there isn;t really a change of data plan or anything since they are both iphones.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I think it takes them a while to notice. I sold my iPhone 3G at least three months before the IP4 was released. During that time I used a myTouch 3G and a GoPhone dumbPhone and they never took me off my unlimited iPhone data plan.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They wont take it off. That will mean less money for them.
    They just add a data if you're using an iPhone without one.

5. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

I had no idea they were different, all I want to do is see if the UN works. The JB is working fine, and it shows the BB as 6.15.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you want to try the unlock, you need another carrier SIM, phones are lock to the carrier not the SIM, meaning that any AT&T SIM will work on Any AT&T locked phone.