I was about to buy a new iPhone and just found out today my Verizon contract is not up until May 21st, 2009. This is good timing if I wanted to wait for iPhone 3.0 in June, but I really don't want to wait that long, and I don't really want to pay the $175 early term. fee. Does anybody know...Can I switch my plan to a Verizon pre-paid plan, and then get the iPhone and switch my number over? It seems so simple, I'm sure it either can't be done or has been tried already. THanks!