Can I sync 11 iPod touches so they are EXACTLY the same?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by acm890, Mar 12, 2011.

1. acm890 macrumors newbie

Trying to help out my son's teacher -- she has 11 iPod touches for the classroom and wants them all to have the same apps on the same pages so it is easy for her to direct the students through the navigation.

I've been setting them up one by one, dragging and dropping the apps to the pages she wants, and boy is it time consuming.

I can't figure out if there's a way to have all of the iPods mirror one master.

Help!!! Thanks much :)

2. lspence7 macrumors member

answer

I am pretty sure you can sync them all to be the same.To get the same exact files and settings and what not, you would have to sync one of them the way she/you want it and then back up the ipod. Then restore all of the other 10. After you restore all of the 10 you will have to set them up as a back-up from the 1st iPod Touch she/you sync(s) once you choose the most recent back-up from the 1st ipod she/you sync(s) you should be good to go. JUST MAKE SURE THE STUDENTS DO NOT MOVE APPS OR TOUCH THE SETTINGS!

3. irishtike macrumors member

To hide the settings you could jailbreak them and use SBSettings to hide the settings icon. but jailbreaking all of them might take as much time as you are spending now setting them up individually

4. acm890 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

The restore option is fabulous -- I am doing exactly what you said and it is soooooo much faster. thank you!

5. nukem170 macrumors member

Do everything u want to the first one and back it up. When u connect the other ones just restore as backup of the first one. We have iPhone 3G at work and this is what they do to them. They are all clones of each other.