Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markw10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I just had to get a Motorola Xoom Android Device for my work and I'm used to using my iPad through MobileMe so with my iPad everything is nicely synced with my desktop apps on my Mac.
The problem is Google's device doesn't work that way. I can set my me.com email up on the Xoom's email program but the issue is the Xoom has a widget for the Google Address Book and Google Calendar.
I don't use the above Google App's but is there a way to sync them with the Apple apps, Google Address Book-Mac OS X Address Book and Google Calendar-iCal?
What I mean is for example if I pull up Google Calendar on my Xoom I'd like to be able to see all the calendar items that's on my iPad but I'd like to be able to add/delete an item and then see the same on my Xoom and I'd like to be able to add/delete an item on my Xoom and see the same on my iPad.
I'd like to be able to do the above also for Google Address Book. Is there any way to do something like this?
Thank you for your help.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Yes, iCal and addressbook both sync with google. Google has instructions for setting it up. They all sync.

For comparison, I have iCal at home sync with google calendar, and my iphone calendar syncs to the google calendar as well. It all plays pretty well together (some hinky features with alarms, but basically works).

ufkdo

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010
Turkey
Open Address Book preferences, click accounts and select synchronize with Google and configure. After that, open isync application, and click sync all. That is all you need :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.