Can I sync my RSS feeds between 2 macs using Mac Mail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by IrishDomer08, Feb 25, 2008.

1. IrishDomer08 macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2004
    I am looking to buy an iMac to go along with my iBook. I just got Leopard and love the RSS feature built right into Mail. My question: When I have both of my Macs, how am I going to keep my RSS list consistent on the two machines? I'd rather not have to worry about having a bunch of 'unread' messages on my laptop when I go to use it after using my iMac for a few days. Is there a way to have the computers talk to each other and update what messages have been read on the computers combined? Thanks for the help
  2. cmogle macrumors newbie

Feb 26, 2008
    I too am looking for the solution to this question. The .mac sync service allows for sync of mail accounts and mail rules, signatures and smart mailboxes, but I can't see an automatic method of syncing RSS feeds between multiple macs. I'd be happy just to sync the subscriptions and manage the read/unread marks myself as a starting point.
    I can't find anything on the .mac support website.
    Good luck.
  3. gameguy3001 macrumors member

Feb 8, 2007
    Saskatoon, SK
    I dont use to view RSS feeds for that reason. I use NetNewsWire (free, Yay!) sice it allows you to sync your RSS feeds between multiple computers using either you .Mac account or NewsGator (their own account service).

Hope that helps :)
  4. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2007
    sorry to bring this back from the dead...but I'm looking to sync my RSS feed from NNW to my macbook...all I need is a .mac account?