Can I sync my RSS feeds between 2 macs using Mac Mail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by IrishDomer08, Feb 25, 2008.

1. IrishDomer08 macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy an iMac to go along with my iBook. I just got Leopard and love the RSS feature built right into Mail. My question: When I have both of my Macs, how am I going to keep my RSS list consistent on the two machines? I'd rather not have to worry about having a bunch of 'unread' messages on my laptop when I go to use it after using my iMac for a few days. Is there a way to have the computers talk to each other and update what messages have been read on the computers combined? Thanks for the help

2. cmogle macrumors newbie

I too am looking for the solution to this question. The .mac sync service allows for sync of mail accounts and mail rules, signatures and smart mailboxes, but I can't see an automatic method of syncing RSS feeds between multiple macs. I'd be happy just to sync the subscriptions and manage the read/unread marks myself as a starting point.
    I can't find anything on the .mac support website.
    Good luck.

3. gameguy3001 macrumors member

I dont use Mail.app to view RSS feeds for that reason. I use NetNewsWire (free, Yay!) sice it allows you to sync your RSS feeds between multiple computers using either you .Mac account or NewsGator (their own account service).

Hope that helps :)

4. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

sorry to bring this back from the dead...but I'm looking to sync my RSS feed from NNW to my macbook...all I need is a .mac account?