can I take my iphone back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doyle369, Jul 31, 2010.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

Basically I have an iphone 4 on contract.

I bought it from an apple store in the UK the day the iphone 4 came out

I have dropped it and the back is smashed

I have been having signal problems

and I have jammed something in the sim tray.

so can I take it back and get another one?

Thanks

2. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

You could try but to return they say bring back your undamaged iPhone and you will get a refund. Always worth a try though.

3. doyle369 thread starter macrumors regular

4. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Yeah it's going to be tough since your phone is cracked but try to get on the genius' good side.

5. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

It's accidental damage so it doesn't count as it's not a fault with the product

6. doyle369 thread starter macrumors regular

what about the signal problem

7. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

They have the free case program for that

8. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

Some people, god I've never dropped a phone in my life. These cost you the earth, so the least you can do is look after it and be mindful of its placement at all times. This is due to yourself, not Apple.

9. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

Only 14 days here in Australia, not 30 days.

10. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

There is no signal problem, the problem is the networs, maybe also in the US. Here in Australia, no antenna issues at all even with the death grip / g-spot.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

Since you've caused physical damage to the phone, any other problem you have with that phone could be a side-effect of the physical damage. Phyiscal damage negates the warranty, and the ability to return it (if it was less than 14 days since you bought it).

You're eligible to pay for an out-of-warrant replacement phone though. In the US they're $199. Not sure about the price in your country.

12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't wanna be on apple side and start bashing you, but let's get real here...
    What are you going to say if apple will argue with you that signal problem could have caused by accidental damage. If you drop the phone, it will get damaged, period. The accidental damage is no one's fault but yours. You can go and ask for exchange or return, but it is highly unlike that apple will just let you return the damaged iphone 4. Post your iphone 4 picture, then all of us will have better idea on how bad the phone has been damaged.

If you pay 199, then what do they give you? I have iphone 3G and it is really slow. It is out of warranty as well, so I was wondering if I could get it replaced with something else. Like 3GS.

13. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

They give you a 3G. They have plenty for replacements.

14. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

You dropped your iPhone smashing part of it. Then you got signal problems. Then you messed up something in your sim tray and now you want a new iPhone. If I were Apple, would tell you, "I'd be happy to give you a new iPhone for X amount of money." Insert the full price of a new phone here.

If you don't take care of your possessions then you should be the person to replace them. Hard lesson to learn, too bad. Boo hoo.

15. aristobrat macrumors G4

Really, OP?

From the can I take my iphone back thread you started two weeks ago:
    From the Lost my iphone 4 thread you started yesterday:

16. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am using the iP4 here in the US, with AT&T, and there is no signal problem where I live, work, or places that I travel to.

17. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

Taking back a smashed iPhone and trying to get a replacement based on signal problems would be like crashing your car then trying to get it replaced because the heater never worked. It's a completely unrelated issue, so they probably won't replace it. Guess you could still try though, otherwise you can pay £149 (I think) and they'll replace it.

18. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

19. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Did you lose it, have it stolen, or break it? Which is it? :confused:

20. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

and if they don't, they'll order a replacement in store for you.

i think the OP needs to be either banned, or not allowed to start a new thread for a while.

21. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Ugh, society is disgusting these days:rolleyes: To the OP, I hope this is a joke. If not, then I am speechless

22. ZipZap macrumors 601

23. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

My guess would be that OP doesn't have an iPhone 4--or any iPhone for that matter. :rolleyes:

24. Backtracedyou macrumors newbie

May I just point you in the direction of this thread

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=565401&page=1

Will Doyls is a complete ****ing retard, nothing but a troll, please don't take him seriously. Enter his username in to google and you will see what i mean.

EDIT: Looks like he deleted the thread, it's a good job I print screened it

[​IMG]