Can I take off and put back the screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by girly, Nov 4, 2014.

1. girly macrumors newbie

Hello, I went to Apple and bought a tech21 screen protector the apple girl who did the job, is almost perfect if wasn't for a little fiber almost imperceptible but I AM PERFECCIONIST and this little detail is driving me crazy. You guys know if I can take off the screen and put it back, I don't even need remove the whole protection.

2. Jase718 macrumors member

I don't know about the tech 21 screen protector but I just did it with my Power Support screen protector today. Because there was dust underneath. Now it's perfect!

3. girly thread starter macrumors newbie

4. TheChrisBlaze macrumors member

I know what that's like, there's always that one speck or strand of dust that embeds itself between your screen protector and screen :mad:

If you can manage to lift the corner nearest this speck of dust, you may be able to retrieve the offending piece of dust with a piece of clear tape (or most other adhesive-sided products). Otherwise, bending the corner may cause it to crease and the screen protector may not sit as well as it did prior to you lifting it. Good luck to you if you choose to remove it!

5. girly thread starter macrumors newbie

The worst can happen is that I need buy a new screen protector. #

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

I do it all the time using two pieces of masking tape. One to lift a corner and the other to get the lint/dust off. :)

7. girly thread starter macrumors newbie

Done!!! Hahaha now is perfecto my big toy hahahaha thank u guys, this is screen protector is nice very good.

8. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I would advise against that... i've ruined a few that way. But I buy from amfilm, and there are three protectors in a package, and if you mess it up, you can get a free replacement. I did that before, and they got me the new ones in two days. Pretty darn good!

9. Jase718 macrumors member

Congrats!!